General Terms and Conditions for Competitions
1. These rules apply for all competitions where the prize has a perceived value
2. Unless otherwise stated on air all contestants must be over 18 years of age and reside in mainland
3. Unless otherwise stated on air contestants can enter each DOVE competition only once.
4. Unless otherwise stated on air all contestants chosen are those who have called the station
during the competition period and are chosen at random by the presenter in line with the
advertised promotion of the competition
5. The competition will run until the competition has been completed, this will be advertised on our
website and Social Media Pages. The DOVE reserves the right not to give away any prize if no winner
6. Unless otherwise stated, there is only one prize per competition and all prizes are offered in good
faith. It is recognized that at times genuine mistakes can occur. If a mistake has occurred, then the
management, in its sole discretion can either award the prize to the person(s) who in their view was
the original winner of the competition or alternately ask the contestants to play again on a ‘head to
head’ basis. When instances like this occur, The DOVE will not provide a runner up prize.
7. Prizes offered by The DOVE are in most cases provided to the company by a third party or
sponsor. At the end of the competition the liability passes from The DOVE to the sponsor for the
deliverance of the prize offered. If the sponsor or third party thereafter cannot deliver the product
or prize due to liquidation or similar, The DOVE IS NOT liable for its provision.
8. Employees, relatives, and partners of The DOVE or any of the co-sponsors of the competition are
not eligible to enter this competition.
9. The DOVE reserves the right to alter or amend these rules at any time and to suspend the
competition or cancel the competition at any time.
10. Unless otherwise stated on air there is no cash alternative to the advertised prizes and any prize
is strictly non-transferable.
11. Failure to gain access to competitions due to technical difficulties engaged phone lines or for any
other reason is not the responsibility of The DOVE.
12. Copyright in the on-air broadcast and any photographs or images or audio of winners remains
the property of The DOVE.
13. By entering competitions all contestants agree to be used in publicity, on air promotion and by
any means deemed fit for the promotion of the station.
14. No person or members of their immediate family who has won a competition which has a
deemed value in excess of £500 is eligible to enter another ‘major’ station promotion for a period
of six months. We reserve the right to invalidate any prize found to be in breach of the above
15. No person or members of their immediate family who has won any competition with a value
less than £500 is eligible to enter another station promotion for a period of 30 days. We reserve
the right to invalidate any prize found to be in breach of the above condition.
16. No correspondence will be entered into regarding competitions. The DOVE representative
decision is final.
17. Any contestant entering competitions on THE DOVE giving false or misleading information will be
disqualified and any prizes won will be withdrawn. This includes, but is not limited to, name,
address, telephone numbers and details of previously won prizes.
18. We operate a 28 day delivery policy for all our prizes, unless otherwise stated, whether that be
for postal delivery or personal collection
19. Any prizes not collected from our reception area within 30 days of competition closure will be
handed back to the radio station, with no prize alternative offered at a later date.